Remodeling Services Unlimited, Inc. (RSU) was founded in 1976 by Tom Thompson after 28 years of service in the US Army. At that time, RSU was a home maintenance service company. Tony, Tom’s son, joined the business in 1980 and began expanding RSU into the residential/commercial design-build renovation business it is today. In 1995, Cheryl Waters joined RSU, and her degree in interior design and experience in space planning, kitchen, and bath design added depth to the team.
RSU brings a disciplined level of professionalism to the residential market that is generally only seen on commercial projects. Tony credits this discipline to his father’s Army training. RSU’s use of budgets and written schedules provide customers insight into every step of the remodeling process. All customers are given a full scope of work and, most importantly, schedules. Customers know what is going on with their projects and when the project will be completed.
RSU partners with the best subcontractors and material suppliers in order to provide quality service to its customers. RSU is very meticulous with cleanliness, and its dust protection is second to none. The company also can show you how to remodel clean and green with the latest technology.
From the first phone call to the completion of the project, RSU is a professional organization. Communication, clean up, budgets and schedules are core values that are embraced daily. The lead carpenters, Charles Shipes and Kevin Cinamon, continually get praises from customers. One customer says, “Thanks for the excellent service, attention, skill, knowledge, humanity.” Another shares, “We were very pleased with the overall project from the planning to the completion. The final project far exceeded our expectations.”
RSU and Tony’s credentials include:
• Licensed Residential and Commercial Contractor
• Certified South Carolina Master Builder
• Certified Green Professional
• Certified Lead Paint Contractor (pre-1978 homes must have this certified contractor)
• Certified Aging-In-Place Specialist
• Certified Graduate Remodeler
• 2012 Builder of the Year, selected by peers from the Home Builders Association
Tony’s service to the industry includes:
• Past president of Columbia Home Builders Association
• Past chairman of Columbia Home Builders Association Remodelers Council
• Past chairman for the National Remodelers Graduate Board of Governors
• National Life Director for the National Association of Home Builders
• Certified National Instructor for the National Association of Home Builders.