We are spoiled in the Midlands with being quite close to so many wonderful destinations. As we continue the celebration of our 25th anniversary, the CMM staff selected their favorite 25 summer getaways within a three-hour drive. Escape Famously Hot Columbia for an easy-access vacation and stay the night … or just go for the day!
1. Shopping King Street in Charleston, S.C.
2. Perusing the fabulous downtown, or setting off for a hike, in Greenville, S.C.
3. Acting like a kid at Carowinds in Charlotte, N.C.
4. Exploring the historic district of Savannah, Ga.
5. Catching a show at The Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Ga.
6. Slipping down the Sliding Rock waterslide in Asheville, N.C.
7. Pampering at The Sanctuary Spa in Kiawah Island, S.C.
8. Sifting through the sand at Botany Bay in Edisto Island, S.C.
9. Hiking the Linville Gorge in Linville, N.C.
10. Relaxing at The Cloister in Sea Island, Ga.
11. Touring Brookgreen Gardens in Murrells Inlet, S.C.
12. Attending Beaufort Water Festival (July 17-26) in Beaufort, S.C.
13. Playing a round of golf at one of the many public courses in Augusta, Ga.
14. Enjoying a show at the historic Abbeville Opera House in Abbeville, S.C.
15. Dining, shopping and boat-hopping at Harbour Town in Hilton Head Island, S.C.
16. Relishing history at the Rice Museum or antique shopping in Georgetown, S.C.
17. Visiting the Tweetsie Railroad in Blowing Rock, N.C.
18. Whitewater rafting the Chattooga River in Clayton, Ga.
19. Taking a helicopter tour of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Cashiers, N.C.
20. Watching a match at New Bridge Polo Club in Aiken, S.C.
21. Fly-fishing the Davidson River in Brevard, N.C.
22. Indulging in a spa treatment at the Ritz Carlton Lodge at Reynolds Plantation, Greensboro, Ga.
23. Hiking Cedar Mountain in Cleveland, S.C.
24. Shopping for custom care packages at the Wrinkled Egg in Hendersonville, N.C.
25. Strolling the Riverwalk in Wilmington, N.C.